Title: Associate Director, U.S. Marketing Research
Location: United States-Illinois-Glenview
Job Number: 01823
· Acts as voice of the customer to business teams.
· Contributes to the development and deployment of innovative approaches and best practices in market research.
· Proactively acts as a business consultant to identify core issues, prioritizes needs/resources and identifies insights needed to make sound business decisions.
· Demonstrates an in-depth and technical understanding of both basic and advanced methodological principles and analytical techniques and is adept at using them to drive superior decision making.
· Manages self and others as you lead research projects from initiation to completion. Leads execution, analyses and insight generation that translates into actionable and relevant business recommendations on a timely basis.
· Negotiates and works one-on-one with research suppliers in order to ensure study execution and deliverables are consistent with the research objectives and within standards for quality and ethical research established by MJN.
· Assumes leadership role with supplier in guiding the development of supplier’s analysis plan and subsequent research/business recommendations.
· Able to independently develop, prioritize and manage a broad portfolio of market research projects and analyses.
· Demonstrates strong skills in communicating with and persuading others. Written presentations and documents are concise and impact the key business issues being addressed.
· Builds strong working relationships with key customers and opinion leaders – internal and external. Able to participate/contribute and lead in a collaborative team-based environment.
· Develops strong understanding of MJN business and applies understanding to add value to analysis/insights.
· Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree (MBA, MMR, Masters) preferred
· 10 years of progressively complex market research experience
· Demonstrated experience with market research tools and techniques across the spectrum of new product development through post launch tracking (e.g., ideation, concept development/testing, segmentation, volumetric estimations, pricing, ad/promo testing, tracking, trial and usage studies).
· Demonstrated experience with interpretation of complex problems, data/analysis gathered from a variety of sources and ability to deliver superior solutions.
· Demonstrated ability to identify and deliver value-add insights within tight deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of professionals with varying levels of market research knowledge and experience.
· Working knowledge of syndicated/custom panel data as well as standard syndicated data services such as Nielsen/IRI, Spectra, etc.
· Strong understanding of basic and advanced principles of experimental design and analysis across both quantitative and qualitative research.
· Strong understanding of marketing, retail and financial principles.